Working with community partners in Clallam and Jefferson Counties, the mission of the Peninsula Asset Building Coalition is to provide the opportunities, skills and resources for individuals and families to gain financial awareness, education and stability in order to:
- increase their income
- build their savings
- acquire and sustain assets.
1. Serve as a catalyst of interested partners to develop a community plan for strategically implementing asset building activities.
2. Expand free tax preparation services and promote Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
3. Successfully fund and implement an Individual Development Accounts (IDA) program for ten families wherein accepted participants save earned income in special matched bank accounts to accumulate savings for long-term assets.
4. Coordinate community resources to promote:
- money management classes
- financial planning assistance
- credit repair and credit counseling services
- access to financial institutions
- protection from predatory lending
- debt reduction training
- communication skills training
- the network of services helping people during hard times